FOO FIGHTERS AND WEEZER'S RIVERS CUOMO COVER KISS CLASSIC
During their final Australia show on Tuesday night, Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl brought out Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo and surprised the audience with a performance together. Cuomo launched into the KISS classic, “Detroit Rock City.” He later tweeted that the moment was "more rock than can be comprehended.”
Weezer will play one more gig alongside Foo Fighters before taking an extended break. Then in June, Weezer will tour with Pixies while Foo Fighters continue touring through mid-August.
- When KISS released "Detroit Rock City" in 1976, Dave Grohl was 7 and Rivers Cuomo was 6.
- Foo Fighters’ Concrete and Gold single “Run” won a Grammy for Best Rock Song earlier this week.
LINKIN PARK'S MIKE SHINODA ANNOUNCES FIRST SOLO SHOW SINCE CHESTER BENNINGTON'S DEATH
Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda has announced his debut live performance as a solo artist, since bandmate Chester Bennington's death.
He's scheduled at this year's edition of Japan's Summer Sonic Festival on August 18 and 19. Also on the bill are Nine Inch Nails, Beck, and Queens of The Stone Age.
Shinoda still has plans to continue with Linkin Park. Just last month he wrote on Twitter: "We have a lot of rebuilding to do, and questions to answer, so it'll take time."
Shinoda released a 3-song EP following Bennington's death titled, Post Traumatic. At the time he said, "I wanted to put this out as soon as possible because I'm living it, and a lot of other people are living it, too."
- Bennington committed suicide on July 20 at the age of 41.
- Linkin Park paid tribute to Bennington last October with an emotional three-hour show that featured numerous guests joining the band onstage at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles.
- Shinoda co-founded Linkin Park.
TREMONTI SIGNS WITH 'NAPALM RECORDS'; NEW ALBUM DUE THIS YEAR
Tremonti has signed a new worldwide record deal with Napalm Records. The band comprised of Mark Tremonti on vocals/guitars, Eric Friedman on guitars and Garrett Whitlock on drums will release their 4th album later this year.
In a video promoting the new album, Tremonti said, "I'm really looking forward to partnering up with Napalm again after they did such an excellent job promoting Alter Bridge."
The band is currently in the studio working on the new album, and is scheduled to tour Europe with Iron Maiden in July.
- The name of the next album is: A Dying Machine
- A listening party and performance event for "A Dying Machine" will take place on May 12 at the Social in Orlando, Florida.