SHINEDOWN SHARES NEW SINGLE, UPCOMING ALBUM DETAILS
Shinedown has set May 4th as the release date for its sixth studio album, titled Attention Attention. The first single from the disc, called "Devil," is out now along with an accompanying music video. The record is described as the band's "most raw and personal to date," and seems to be a loose concept album, as the music "follows an individual from life's lowest lows to the highest highs as anxieties dissipate and demons disappear."
Given the deeply personal nature of the record, Shinedown went in-house for production for the time ever, enlisting bassist Eric Bass to produce and mix the album in its entirety.
- Other tracks on the 14-song LP include "The Entrance," "Black Soul," "Kill Your Conscience," "Pyro," "Monsters," "Darkside," "Creatures," "Evolve," "Get Up," "Special," "The Human Radio," "Brilliant" and the title cut.
- Shinedown will hit the road for a world tour in support of the new disc starting on March 23rd in Deadwood, South Dakota. The band will also head out on a co-headlining run with Godsmack in July.
Story source: press release
SIDE NOTES: Deluxe album bundles for Attention Attention are available at the official Shinedown webstore, including limited transparent yellow colored double vinyl, a 3' x 5' flag and exclusive "Attention" and "Devil" T-shirts. The first 500 Ultimate Vinyl and first 500 Ultimate CD bundle purchasers will receive a signed copy of the album.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the video for "Devil":
RUMOR: SLASH'S SOLO BAND PREPARING NEW LP FOR RELEASE
Slash's solo band, known as Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators, is rumored to be putting the finishing touches on a new studio album for a fall 2018 release. The Guns N' Roses guitarist has not officially confirmed that he is back in the studio working on the follow-up to 2014's World On Fire, but it is believed that he and his bandmates have been laying down tracks since at least January.
Rumors that Slash might be working on his fourth solo effort started last December when his girlfriend Meegan Hodges told a fan on Instagram that the guitarist was in the studio with Kennedy recording the next Conspirators album. But Kennedy claimed in a radio interview a short time later that there were no concrete plans for him to reunite with Slash and work on new music.
- After a fan asked Hodges to clarify her remarks following Kennedy's denial, Hodges responded, "Maybe you should ask the band guys."
- Kennedy, who also fronts Alter Bridge, has said that he would spend most of 2018 touring behind his solo album, Year Of The Tiger, which arrives on Friday (March 9th). He has acknowledged, however, working with Slash on new material toward the end of the World On Fire tour cycle.
- It was after that tour was completed that rumors of Slash rejoining Guns N' Roses for a reunion tour began to circulate, with the reunion confirmed in early 2016.
- The current Guns trek -- which also features fellow original members Axl Rose and Duff McKagan -- launched in April 2016 and has since grossed more than $400 million, with more European dates coming this summer.
- Despite the success of the tour, there has been no indication that Guns intends to record a new album anytime soon. The last Guns album on which Rose, McKagan and Slash appeared together was 1993's covers set "The Spaghetti Incident?", although Rose recorded 2008's Chinese Democracy with an entirely different lineup.
Story source: Blabbermouth