BLINK-182 HEADED TO VEGAS FOR RESIDENCY AT THE PALMS
Blink-182 is headed to the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas for a 16-date residency dubbed "Kings of the Weekend." The run will begin May 26th and run on select weekends through November 17th. Bassist Mark Hoppus said in a statement, "When the Palms asked us to do a residency here in Vegas, we said 'Absolutely!' Now, we just have to cast our showgirls, create our set list -- a true throwback of Vegas classics with Sinatra, Liberace. Maybe we can even marry someone onstage . . . the possibilities in Vegas are endless."
- Blink is just the latest in a long line of contemporary pop and rock performers who have gone the Vegas route, including Britney Spears, the Backstreet Boys, Elton John, Rod Stewart, John Fogerty and many others, with Lady Gaga beginning a 74-show stand later this year.
- Blink-182 has kept a low profile since wrapping up its 2017 tour in support of 2016's California, the band's first album without founding guitarist Tom DeLonge.
- With Alkaline Trio's Matt Skiba replacing DeLonge, the album hit Number One on the Billboard 200 and the group proved to be one of last year's most popular touring attractions. A new album is reportedly in the works.
- The Vegas shows will all take place at the Palms' Pearl Concert Theater. A ticket pre-sale begins Tuesday (March 20th) at 10:00 am PST. A public on-sale follows on Friday (March 23rd). The shows will run as follows:
June 8-9, 15-16, 23-24
November 2-3, 9-10, 16-17
Story source: Rolling Stone
COREY TAYLOR TO HEADLINE CHRIS JERICHO CRUISE
Slipknot and Stone Sour vocalist Corey Taylor is joining the roster of performers who will appear on Fozzy frontman Chris Jericho's Rock ’n’ Wrestling Rager at Sea. Taylor will play a solo acoustic set aboard the cruise, which will also feature Fozzy, Motorhead guitarist Phil Campbell's new band the Bastard Sons and more, along with some of Jericho's fellow pro wrestling stars like Mick Foley and Raven.
Taylor said in a statement, “"I’m gonna be just as geekin’ as you are watching all the music, all the wrestling. Growing up, I was a huge fan, so this is gonna be pretty bad ass.”
- Taylor and Stone Sour recently announced a spring headlining tour that will also include appearances at several festivals in the U.S. It kicks off on April 28th at Jacksonville's Welcome To Rockville fest.
- If all goes according to plan, the month-long run will mark the return of guitarist Josh Rand, who last performed with the group in January before he entered treatment for unspecified issues.
- Stone Sour is touring in support of its sixth studio effort, Hydrograd, which came out at the end of June and features the chart-topping rock radio hit "Song #3."
Story source: Loudwire
CHECK IT OUT: Visit chrisjerichocruise.com for more info on the cruise and watch Corey's announcement below:
STEVEN TYLER ROLLS OUT SOLO TOUR DATES
Steven Tyler is heading out on the road for an extended solo run backed by his side group, the Loving Mary Band. Vintage Vinyl News reported that opening for Tyler on the trek will be the Sisterhood Band, which includes Rod Stewart's 30-year-old daughter with model Kelly Emberg, Ruby Stewart. The 15-date trek will play eight North American shows, kicking off on June 12th at Lewiston, New York's Artpark Amphitheater and wrapping on June 30th at Northfield, Ohio's Hard Rock Live. After that Tyler and his crew will hit Switzerland, Italy, Spain, and England.
In addition to new songs, Steven Tyler's recent live appearances have included such Aerosmith classics as "Sweet Emotion," "Cryin'," "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing," "Dream On," and "Walk This Way." He's also been tackling covers of the Beatles' "Come Together" and "I'm Down," Fleetwood Mac's "Rattlesnake Shake," and Janis Joplin's "Piece Of My Heart."
- In 2016 Tyler released his first solo set, We're All Somebody From Somewhere. The album, which was written and recorded in Nashville, peaked at Number 19 on the Billboard 200 albums charts and sailed to Number One on the magazine's Country Albums list.
- Aerosmith's sole date currently on the books is for May 5th at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.
READ: Full Steven Tyler story: http://bit.ly/2FLVzGF
- Out now is the photo book, Aerosmith In Full Flight. The book by photographer Tony Mottram, has not been authorized nor approved by the band.
- In Full Flight is a 128-page, limited-edition hardback tome, "presented in a flight case, is an opportunity to own a unique selection of photos, most of which have never seen the light of day before. . . As well as shooting the band several times in England, this collection includes images from a session at the band's rehearsal room in Boston. Littered throughout is a mixture of live and off stage photos including a selection of photos taken at London's famous Marquee club when they were joined on stage with Jimmy Page."
- Aerosmith In Full Flight sells for $107. For more info, log on to: http://bit.ly/2wiewYV
CHECK IT OUT: Steven Tyler with The Loving Mary Band in February 2016 performing "Piece Of My Heart" as featured on PBS' Front And Center: