JACK WHITE, ARCTIC MONKEYS AMONG HEADLINERS AS LOLLAPALOOZA LINEUP IS UNVEILED
Jack White and Arctic Monkeys are among the headliners announced for the 2018 North American edition of Lollapalooza, scheduled to take place from August 2nd through the 5th at Chicago's Grant Park. The other headliners include Bruno Mars and The Weeknd, while rock music will also be represented by Greta Van Fleet, Portugal. The Man, Franz Ferdinand, Vampire Weekend, The National, St. Vincent, Chvrches and others.
- This year's fest will also feature festival founder and Jane's Addiction singer Perry Farrell performing with an all-star lineup of guest musicians who will play music from Farrell's upcoming solo album.
- Tickets for Lollapalooza are on sale now; Check out the festival's website for more information.
- Jack White's new album, Boarding House Reach, comes out this Friday (March 23rd), while Arctic Monkeys are expected to release their sixth studio LP in May.
- Last year, the Thursday lineup of Lollapalooza was cut short by extreme weather, while this past weekend, Lollapalooza Chile was also forced to shut down due to weather conditions, resulting in the cancellation of sets by Pearl Jam and others.
Story source: Rolling Stone
GUITARIST GLENN TIPTON REJOINS JUDAS PRIEST ONSTAGE FOR THREE SONGS
Guitarist Glenn Tipton rejoined his Judas Priest bandmates on stage Tuesday night (March 20th) at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey to perform the concert's three-song encore of "Metal Gods," "Breaking The Law" and "Living After Midnight." Tipton took part in a signing session with the band earlier in the day at Sony Square in New York City, fueling speculation that he would perform with the band.
- Tipton, who has played on every Priest album since its 1974 debut Rocka Rolla, announced several weeks ago that he was retiring from the road due to his ongoing battle with Parkinson's disease.
- Although Tipton played on the band's new Firepower album, he is being replaced on tour by the LP's producer, Andy Sneap.
- Tipton did not rule out occasional appearances with the band on the road and insisted he would continue to be a member of Judas Priest, saying, "It's not the end for me -- I'll still be able to write and record and on good days even join the band on stage for a few songs."
- Firepower is Priest's 18th studio album and is earning the band some of its best reviews in years, with the song "Lightning Strike" breaking into the Top 20 at rock radio.
- Judas Priest next plays in Uncasville, Connecticut on Thursday night (March 22nd). The North American leg of the Firepower tour will wrap on May 1st in San Antonio, Texas.
Story source: Blabbermouth
CHECK IT OUT: Watch fan-filmed footage of Glenn Tipton performing with Judas Priest: