THREE DAYS GRACE MAKES 'BILLBOARD' ROCK SONGS CHART HISTORY
Three Days Grace made chart history on Wednesday (March 20th), earning their 13th Number One single on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Songs Chart with “The Mountain.” That tied the record held for the past two decades by rock legends Van Halen. "The Mountain" is the new single from Outsider, the sixth studio effort from Three Days Grace which arrived earlier this month.
Three Days Grace already holds the record for most Number One singles at Active Rock radio, also with 13. "The Mountain" is currently Number Two at the format and could add to that tally. The quartet's last chart-toppers on the airwaves were "I Am Machine" and "Painkiller" from their 2015 album Human.
- Three Days Grace's other Number One singles include "Misery Loves My Company," "Chalk Outline," "World So Cold," "Never Too Late," "Just Like You," "Animal," "Pain" and "Home."
- The Canadian act also consistently averages 3.9 million monthly listeners on Spotify, remaining one of the most listened-to rock bands in the world.
- Three Days Grace will play a handful of radio festivals in April before heading to Columbus, Ohio for a May 18th appearance at the Rock On The Range festival. The band will tour North America this summer with Avenged Sevenfold and Prophets Of Rage, kicking off on July 22nd in Mansfield, Massachusetts.
Story source: press release
- Three Days Grace may hold the chart record now with its 13th Number One song, but Shinedown is closing in. That band sits at third place on the chart with 11 chart-toppers.
- Shinedown's new single "Devil" is quickly climbing the chart and could become its 12th chart-topper soon.
- After Three Days Grace, Van Halen and Shinedown, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers are next on the list with 10 chart-toppers, followed by Aerosmith and Metallica with nine and Foo Fighters, Linkin Park and Nickelback with eight each.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the video for "The Mountain":
MARK TREMONTI REVEALS MORE DETAILS ABOUT FOURTH SOLO ALBUM
Alter Bridge and Creed guitarist Mark Tremonti has unveiled more details about A Dying Machine, the upcoming fourth studio album from his solo act Tremonti. The disc is due out on June 8th and is the first concept album of Tremonti's career, with the music inspired by a story that came to Tremonti while on the last Alter Bridge tour.
The story, which is being turned into a full-length work of fiction authored by Mark Tremonti and sci-fi writer John Shirley, takes place at the turn of the next century where humans and fabricated beings called "vessels" are trying to co-exist. Tremonti and Shirley are working on finishing the novel to release alongside the record.
- Tracks on A Dying Machine include "Bringer Of War," "From The Sky," "Throw Them To The Lions," "A Lot Like Sin," "The Day When Legions Burned" and the title cut.
- Tremonti the band is comprised of Mark Tremonti on vocals/guitars, Eric Friedman on guitars, and Garrett Whitlock on drums.
- Tremonti will play a record-release show in Orlando, Florida on May 12th, with the band also confirmed for Carolina Rebellion on May 4th, the Lunatic Luau on May 5th and headlining shows in Savannah, Georgia on May 2nd and Atlanta on May 7th.
- The band heads over to Europe in mid-June for seven weeks of touring that includes dates as direct support for Iron Maiden as well as headlining shows and European festival appearances.
Story source: Blabbermouth
DID YOU KNOW?
- Wolfgang Van Halen was part of Tremonti's touring band in 2013 and played on the last two Tremonti LPs, Dust and Cauterize. But he had to sit out Tremonti's tour schedule because of commitments with Van Halen.
- Tremonti recruited Tanner Keegan to play bass on its most recent tour.
- John Shirley has published more than 40 novels and eight short story collections, mostly in the genres of sci-fi and horror. He has also fronted his own bands and written lyrics for classic rockers Blue Oyster Cult.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch a teaser for the new Tremonti album: