IN THIS MOMENT PREVIEWS NEW VIDEO FEATURING ROB HALFORD
In This Moment has released a teaser for the official music video to the song "Black Wedding." The track, which features a guest appearance by Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford as he duets with lead singer Maria Brink, is from In This Moment's latest LP, Ritual, which came out last July. Halford appears in the video too, dressed appropriately enough in the robes of a priest.
- Brink said in an interview last year with DOMKcast that having Halford guest on the song was "an honor." She explained, "He's a legend. So we're so excited. We became friends with him, and what an honor to have him be a part of it."
- In addition to "Black Wedding," Ritual includes the singles "Roots" and "Oh Lord," as well as a cover of Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight."
- In This Moment will co-headline a tour with Halestorm this spring and summer featuring all female-fronted acts. The first leg kicks off on April 30th in Houston, Texas, with dates through May. The second leg begins July 27th in Kansas City, Missouri and run through the end of August.
Story source: Blabbermouth
CHECK IT OUT: Watch a preview of the "Black Wedding" video:
GHOST SINGER REVEALS WHY HE WROTE 'RATS'
Ghost lead singer Tobias Forge, who performs under the names Papa Emeritus and now Cardinal Copia, told us what inspired him to write "Rats," the first single from the Swedish act's upcoming album Prequelle: "A few years ago, I decided, like, 'I really want to have a big opening track that just blows people's minds immediately.' So I wrote 'Square Hammer' and that went well. But I didn't want 'Square Hammer' to turn into a 'Start Me Up,' where that always feels best to play first. I want to be able to mix it up. So we needed another song that works as an opening track. That was basically my intention with 'Rats.'"
- Ghost has officially announced a June 1st release date for Prequelle, which follows up the breakthrough 2015 album Meliora.
- A number of pre-order packages for Prequelle have been launched, and among the items available are Ghost-themed masks similar to those worn by plague doctors back in the 17th century.
- Forge has hinted that the theme of the album has to do in part with the arrival of the Black Plague in Europe, among other events in history.
- Ghost will kick off a run of North American dates on May 5th in Riverside, California.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the video for "Rats":