METALLICA TO PLAY 'AUSTIN CITY LIMITS FESTIVAL' FOR FIRST TIME
Metallica has been named as one of the headliners of the 17th annual Austin City Limits Music Festival, marking the first time that the metal legends will appear at the long-running event. Joining Metallica at the top of the bill will be Paul McCartney, Arctic Monkeys, Childish Gambino, Travis Scott and Odeska, while other artists confirmed to perform include Greta Van Fleet, Deftones, Hozier, Chvrches, The National, Father John Misty, Janelle Monae and many more.
More than 125 acts will perform on eight stages during both weekends of the event, scheduled for October 5th through the 7th and October 12th through the 14th at Zilker Park in Austin, Texas. Three-day general admission tickets for both weekends are on sale now at www.aclfestival.com, with VIP and hotel packages also available. Single-day tickets and packages will go on sale later in the year.
- Metallica's Austin appearance will fall right in the middle of a 34-date North American leg of its "WorldWired" tour that begins on September 2nd in Madison, Wisconsin.
- The band has played 20 shows in Europe since early February and has another five dates booked between now and mid-May.
- Arctic Monkeys will release its new album, Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino, on May 11th. Greta Van Fleet and Deftones are both reportedly working on new albums for release later in the year.
Story source: Rolling Stone
- The Austin City Limits Music Festival has called Zilker Park home for the past 17 years.
- A portion of proceeds from the ACL Festival go directly towards improving Austin's parks. Since 2006, ACL Festival, in partnership with the Austin Parks Foundation, has donated more than $30 million towards improvements to Zilker Park and parks across the city.
- Fans worldwide who can't make it to Zilker Park can watch the Official 2018 Austin City Limits Music Festival Live Broadcast on Red Bull TV, which is distributed digitally for free on the web at redbull.tv, connected TVs, smartphones and tablets as well as www.aclfestival.com.
ALICE IN CHAINS TEASES NEW MUSIC ONSTAGE AND ONLINE
Alice In Chains has teased the arrival of new music both onstage and in a weird new video clip that the band has shared online. During its tour opener in Boston last week as the group's new North American trek got underway, guitarist Jerry Cantrell reportedly announced that a new song would be arriving this week, adding that "no further details have been made public at this point."
The band is not playing any new material on its current road trip.
- Additionally, the band posted a teaser clip on Twitter although the strange image did not feature new music.
- The quartet's sixth studio LP is expected to come out this fall and follow up 2013's The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here.
- Cantrell told Guitar World about the upcoming LP, "It's not that we were keeping it a secret -- we just didn't want to say a whole lot about it until we had something to say. And we certainly have something to say with this one. It's a f**king strong record."
- Alice In Chains next plays on Thursday (May 3rd) in Washington D.C., finishing up the first leg of the tour on May 19th in Philadelphia. After hitting Europe and Israel, the band will start a second leg on August 22nd in Vancouver that comes to a close on September 15th.
Story source: Loudwire
CHECK IT OUT: Here's the teaser Alice In Chains posted online: