FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH SHARES NEW SONG AND LYRIC VIDEO
Five Finger Death Punch has shared a new song and accompanying lyric video called "When The Seasons Change." Guitarist Zoltan Bathory said about the track, "This song is about loyalty, the kind of loyalty that doesn’t crumble in the face of adversity, which we have faced many times throughout our career and in our lives. This is a very human subject everyone can relate to and it is something this world can use more of.”
“When The Seasons Change” is taken from the group’s forthcoming album And Justice For None, which is due out May 18th.
NEW ALICE IN CHAINS SINGLE AND VIDEO ARRIVES
Alice In Chains has released a new single and video titled "The One You Know" on Friday morning (May 4th). The track is the first new music issued from Alice In Chains' upcoming sixth full-length studio LP, which is due out later this year and will follow up 2013's The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here.
- The basic tracks for the new disc were laid down at Studio X in Seattle, marking the first time Alice In Chains had recorded in its hometown in more than 20 years.
- Part of the recording was also done at Henson Studios in Los Angeles.
- Guitarist and singer Jerry Cantrell called the disc a "f**king strong record" in a recent interview with Guitar World.
- Alice In Chains is currently on a short spring tour that brings the band to Concord, North Carolina on Friday for a set at the Carolina Rebellion festival. The trek finishes up on May 19th in Philadelphia.
- After hitting Europe and Israel, the band will start a second leg on August 22nd in Vancouver that comes to a close on September 15th.
Story source: Blabbermouth
CHECK IT OUT: Watch "The One You Know":
MYSTERY OVER: GUNS N' ROSES RELEASING DELUXE EDITION OF 'APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION'
Guns N' Roses will release a deluxe edition of its classic 1987 debut album, Appetite For Destruction, on June 29th. The announcement of the release ends speculation about the band's plans that began earlier this week with the launch of a new website, GNR.fm, as well as a billboard in London that featured the cover art from the LP. An unboxing video for the package has revealed that will include 73 songs -- including 49 tracks that never before been released -- spread out across four CDs and seven 12-inch 180-gram vinyl LPs.
In addition to a remastered version of the original album, the set will contain the 1986 Live ?!*@ Like A Suicide EP, a second EP containing B-sides from the era, 25 previously unreleased recordings from the band's 1986 sessions at Sound City studios, and two previously unreleased tracks from the recording sessions. A super deluxe version will also include a 96-page handbound book with unreleased photos from singer Axl Rose's personal archive, 12 new lithographs visualizing each song from the original LP, and replica memorabilia.
- There are no plans -- at least for now -- for the original band that cut Appetite For Destruction to reassemble and perform the album in its entirety on tour, despite rumors that such an event was in the works.
- Guns N' Roses will return to the road in June for a seven-week European jaunt, continuing the semi-reunion tour that started in April 2016 and features Rose, Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.
- Original drummer Steven Adler and guitarist Izzy Stradlin, who both played on Appetite, have not been part of the reunion trek, although Adler did play drums on two songs at a handful of stops on the tour.
Story source: Blabbermouth
- Appetite For Destruction was certified in September 2008 by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) for U.S. sales in excess of 18 million copies.
- The LP has reportedly accumulated worldwide sales in excess of 28 million since its 1987 release.
- The album's original cover, based on the Robert Williams painting Appetite for Destruction, depicted a robot rapist about to be punished by a metal avenger.
- After several music retailers refused to stock the album, they compromised and put the controversial cover art inside, replacing it with a cover depicting a cross and skulls of the five band members.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the unboxing video: