RISE AGAINST RELEASING COLLECTION OF 'STRIPPED DOWN' VERSIONS OF SONGS
Rise Against has announced the upcoming release of Ghost Note Symphonies, Vol. 1, a collection of reimagined versions of their songs in more stripped-back arrangements. The band has just shared a video for the first single from the set, a new version of "House On Fire" that places more emphasis on acoustic guitars and also features drummer Brandon Barnes playing his kit with brushes.
- The Chicago-based act said in a statement, "You’ll find the songs stripped down, with alternate instrumentation, unique orchestration and a surprise or two." The album is set to drop on July 27th.
- Rise Against has been touring in support of its eighth studio album, Wolves, which came out in June 2017. The set featured the Top 10 rock singles "The Violence" and "House On Fire."
- The outfit will spend the month of June in Europe, before returning for a summer North American trek with AFI that kicks off in late July.
Story source: Loudwire
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the video for the new version of "House On Fire":
EARLY GUNS N' ROSES VIDEO RELEASED AFTER 30 YEARS
Guns N' Roses has released a previously unseen music video for the song "It's So Easy," from the band's 1987 debut album Appetite For Destruction, through Apple Music. Filmed live in 1989 at the infamous Cathouse in Los Angeles, "It's So Easy" was never completely finished and remained in the vaults, unseen and unreleased. The footage was recently uncovered for inclusion in the upcoming box set reissue of Appetite and has been digitally restored in 4K UHD from 16mm film transfers. In addition, the original conceptual scenes were edited back in with the live footage, just as the band had originally intended.
- The newly announced "Locked N' Loaded" deluxe boxed set of Appetite For Destruction is due out June 29th.
- It also includes B-sides from the Appetite sessions, the 1986 Live ?!*@ Like A Suicide EP and three of the four songs from the band's 1988 acoustic EP GN'R Lies.
- The deluxe set will contain 73 songs -- including 49 tracks that never before been released -- spread out across four CDs and seven 12-inch 180-gram vinyl LPs. A super deluxe version will also include a 96-page book with unreleased photos from Axl's personal archive, new lithographs and a plethora of memorabilia.
- Appetite For Destruction is one of the most successful albums in recording history, selling a reported 28 million copies worldwide since its original release.
- Guns N' Roses will return in June for a seven-week European jaunt and in November for an Asian tour, but the band's plans beyond that remain unknown for now.
Story source: press release
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the video for "It's So Easy" (Apple Music subscription required) here
The original video was reportedly never released because it contains some S&M sequences involving Axl Rose and a woman, with those scenes now cut from the official new version. Here's a bootleg of the original (warning - explicit content):