GHOST CONCERT STOPPED HALFWAY THROUGH AS FAN COLLAPSES, DIES
Ghost stopped its concert in Milwaukee at the halfway point last Thursday night (May 31st) when a fan in the audience reportedly collapsed and died. The band had completed its first set, which usually consists of around 13 numbers, but did not come back to the stage at the Riverside Theater to perform the show's 14-song second half.
According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, security was alerted when a man in the pit fell to the ground just as intermission began. CPR was administered, but approximately a half hour later, it was announced that the show was canceled. Staff at the Riverside described the incident as a "terrible tragedy."
- Ghost later issued a statement saying, "Tonight, in Milwaukee there was a medical emergency with one of our fans. We decided not to continue out of respect to him and his family. Ghost and all who work with us ask that you please send the family your thoughts, prayers and respect their privacy during this time.”
- The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's office later identified the deceased as 52-year-old Jeffrey Fortune. He died of probable cardiac arrest and had a history of heart problems.
- Fans posting about the incident online were largely supportive of the group's actions, with one fan writing, "It was a tragic incident and totally understand that you couldn’t and made the right call of shouldn’t going on . . . It was a sight unfortunately I can’t unsee, watching an individual die in front of you while the emergency responders did all they could.”
- Another attendee called the tragedy "a horrible thing to witness."
- The incident occurred on the eve of the release of Ghost's highly-anticipated new album, Prequelle, which arrived on Friday (June 1st).
Story source: Ultimate Classic Rock
MARK TREMONTI SHARES NEW SONG FROM UPCOMING SOLO DISC
Alter Bridge guitarist Mark Tremonti has shared a new song from A Dying Machine, the upcoming LP from his Tremonti solo act. The track is called "As The Silence Becomes Me." The disc is Tremonti's first concept album and is due out on June 8th. Tremonti begins a European tour on June 17th in Florence, Italy.