GREEN DAY RELEASING PUNK ROCK DOC ON BLU-RAY AND DVD
Green Day and 1-2-3-4-Go! Records are teaming up to release the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack and soundtrack of the documentary Turn It Around: The Story Of East Bay Punk. Green Day partnered with Abramorama Films to help distribute the movie last year in tandem with Green Day's summer North American tour, both in theaters and streaming platforms. The members of Green Day are listed as executive producers on the film.
Turn It Around is narrated by Iggy Pop and features interviews with all three members of Green Day, Rancid's Tim Armstrong, Metallica's Kirk Hammett, The Offspring‘s Kevin “Noodles” Wasserman, Dead Kennedys‘ Jello Biafra, Bikini Kill’s Kathleen Hanna, Guns N’ Roses‘ Duff McKagan, AFI‘s Davey Havok and dozens more. The film spans over 30 years of the California Bay Area's punk music history, with a central focus on the emergence of Berkeley's 924 Gilman Street music collective.
- Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong said, "Turn it Around gave us the opportunity to tell the story of the East Bay punk rock scene, a scene that's a sacred thing to me, Mike (Dirnt) and Tré (Cool) and to a lot of others who were there at the founding and who helped to shape the genre."
- The Blu-ray/DVD and soundtrack will both arrive on June 22nd. Five deleted scenes will be included with the original theatrical cut of the movie.
- The soundtrack will be issued on both double vinyl and double cassette, and features 35 mostly rare, unreleased and/or out-of-print tracks from bands like Green Day, Rancid, Operation Ivy, Jawbreaker, Pinhead Gunpowder, and many more.
- Proceeds from the soundtrack go to the Women's Daytime Drop In Center, a non-profit program in Berkeley, California that helps women and children out of homelessness.
- Turn It Around was named by Rolling Stone as one of the "best music docs of 2017."
- It screened in more than 100 theaters in cities across the U.S. and Canada, including a three-week run in New York.
CHECK IT OUT: Get more info on the home release here and watch the trailer below:
OZZY OSBOURNE GETS STAR ON 'WALK OF FAME' IN MOSCOW
Ozzy Osbourne was given a star on the "Walk Of Fame" at the Vegas Crocus City shopping mall in Moscow, Russia last Thursday (May 31st). Osbourne autographed the star and said that getting it on Moscow's "Walk Of Fame" was "a great honor." Other celebrities who have stars on the "Walk Of Fame" include Robbie Williams, Bradley Cooper, Robert De Niro, Mila Jovovich, Carlos Santana, Gloria Gaynor, John Cusack, Roy Jones Jr. and Antonio Banderas.
- Ozzy was in Russia for two concerts, on June 1st in Moscow and June 3rd in St. Petersburg.
- Although Ozzy has said that his current world tour will be his last major concert trek, he told Russian fans and media prior to the Moscow gig that he would return to the country.
- The main North American leg of Ozzy's "No More Tours 2" jaunt will launch on August 30th in Allentown, Pennsylvania and run through October 13th in Las Vegas. Ozzy will be joined by Stone Sour for that leg of the tour.
- Ozzy and Black Sabbath bid farewell to their 50 years on the road more than a year ago with two final concerts in their hometown of Birmingham, England.
Story source: Blabbermouth
CHECK IT OUT: See video of Ozzy getting his star in Moscow: