Right now, the hottest beer in the land is the India Pale Ale. It’s not even close. With that beer explosion going on, it’s no surprise that the number of beers coming out is on a historic level, and it’s tough to keep up.
That’s why a blue-ribbon panel of experts was put together to do all the heavy lifting for you. These brewers, writers, experts, and beer snobs put together a solid list of the IPAs that are shaking things up right now and deserve your attention.
- Le Cumbre Project Dank – It’s constantly evolving with a modified recipe with each iteration, and the highest-rated IPA to come out of New Mexico.
- Tired Hands Alien Church IPA – A “blue-print masterpiece” with “bright flavors and aromas of grapefruit.” You’ll only find it in their Ardmore, Pennsylvania brewery, though.
- Block 15 Brewing Sticky Hands – Those in the Pacific Northwest drink it by the gallon.
- Burial Surf Wax – Find it in North Carolina, New York, and Georgia…and worth the trip if you’re not from one of those three states.
- Toppling Goliath King Sue – This one packs a punch as a double IPA with a “massive Citra Hop” smack in the mouth.
- Lupulin Brewing Hooey – We’re talking six different hops, here…having Minnesotans lining up for it this past winter.
- Maine Beer Lunch – Proudly served and drank within the state that bears its name…”balanced, bright, and citrusy.”
- Foam Brewers Pavement Imperial IPA – With as much beer that comes out of Vermont, to have one that stands out this much is impressive.
Your beer homework has been assigned…get moving!