When you need a quick bite in a hurry, fast food restaurants are definitely convenient. And lots of chains have upped their game in recent years, so they’re now offering healthier options. Here are some of the best choices at fast food joints, according to nutritionist Jaclyn London:
- Chick-Fil-A: Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap. With chicken breast, lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, and cheese rolled into a flaxseed flour flatbread, it’s just 360 calories and 13 grams of fat.
- Chipotle: Burrito Bowl. Load it up with fajita steak, pinto beans, and all the veggies and salsa you like, but London advises skipping the rice, guac, and cheese so your bowl clocks in at 330 calories and just eight grams of fat.
- Dunkin' Donuts: Wake-Up Wrap. Start your day with the ham, egg, and cheese version that’s only 180 calories and 11 grams of fat.
- Five Guys: Little Hamburger. When you want a burger, this one has 25 grams of protein, 480 calories, and 26 grams of fat.
- McDonald's: Classic Cheeseburger. London loves the portion size of Mickey D’s cheeseburger and it’s just 300 calories and 12 grams of fat.
- Panera Bread: Fuji Apple Salad with Chicken. If you get the half salad with the white balsamic apple vinaigrette, your small meal has only 285 calories and 17 grams of fat.
- Taco Bell: Fresco Style Crunchy Beef Taco. When you make a run for the border, London says the healthiest thing at Taco Bell is this crunchy taco and you can even have two and you’re still only eating 330 calories and 19 grams of fat.