There are a few things in life that are certainties: you’re going to pay taxes, you’re going to fart at the worst time, and you’re going to get stranded along the roadside when your car acts up or conks out on you at the exact wrong moment. We can’t help you with those first two, but the last one you can be prepared for with a simple and handy list of everything any man worth his salt should have in his car at all times. Take notes:
- Paper Maps – At some point your phone will lose charge and you’ll be glad.
- Food – We’re talking snacks like granola bars or even MREs.
- Cell Charger Or Battery – So maybe you won’t need those maps
- Life Hammer – Has a seatbelt cutter and window-breaking hammer.
- Flashlight – This should be fair self-explanatory.
- Portable Air Compressor – Can be handy if there’s just a slow leak.
- Windshield Wiper Fluid – So you won’t be stopping every 10 minutes to clean.
- Roadside Flares – These things are invaluable when you need them.
- Jumper Cables – When everyone asks if you have them you can say “No” unless she’s really hot.
- Tow Strap – Few obstacles are too big when you have one of these.
- Water – Just don’t drink it all when there’s no emergency.
- First Aid Kit – Another one that’s self-explanatory.
- Blankets – For a long-term stall, or a pop-up makeout session.
- Fire Extinguisher – Small ones are surprisingly inexpensive.
- Shovel – Whether it’s snow, ice, or a weird-ass hole, this is a handy item.
For snow-prone areas, it’s a good idea to also stock up on kitty litter or rock salt, multi-wick candles, an ice scraper, hats, gloves, and some tire chains. You’re welcome!
Source: Art Of Manliness