Wildfires are scorching Northern and Southern California, leaving hundreds of thousands of acres charred, more than 200-thousand evacuated, dozens dead and hundreds more missing. In short, lives have been decimated. And while firefighters have made headway in some areas, they’re losing ground in others – with those nasty Santa Ana winds literally fanning the flames.
In times like this, we can show are true greatness by helping the thousands of people trying to figure out their next step. If you have the time and the means, here are some way you can chip in and lend a hand:
- California Community Foundation Wildlife Relief Fund – Offers grants to help rebuild homes that were lost.
- The United Way (A. and Northern California) – Helping those who’ve lost homes and have been displaced.
- The California Fire Foundation – Offers emergency assistance to those in need, and $100 gift cards for emergency supplies.
- The Humane Society of Ventura County – Taking care of displaced pets and livestock.
- The Entertainment Industry Foundation – Works with other benefit organizations for the community as well as purchasing necessary supplies for firefighters and first-responders