In case you were wondering, last Wednesday night was the biggest bar night of the year, and it was the official kickoff of the holiday party and drinking season. That, of course, means that there’s the potential of many hangovers being nursed between now and January 2nd. When the pain of a hangover is at its worst, you’ll take any moron’s advice as the best way to get rid of it.
Much better? Advice from a doctor – such as Dr. Robert Glatter – an emergency room physician with some insight into the best foods to eat when you want to keep your head from pounding after a night of drinking. Keep these foods in mind:
- Bananas – One of the best because they’re loaded with potassium, which gets depleted after a night of heavy imbibing.
- Dates –Like bananas, these are a nice source of potassium and sugar.
- Whole Wheat Toast with Honey –Easy to eat and digest and will help boost the blood sugar for you. You can sub wheat crackers, too, if you like.
- Eggs – A simple plate of scrambled eggs can use “cysteine” to offset the headaches and nausea that drinking heavily can plague you with.
- Oatmeal –Smooth and easy to eat, which helps with the upset stomach. Then, add to it loads of Vitamin B, Calcium, and Magnesium.
- Water –Alright, so it’s not technically food. It’s hydration, though, and that can work wonders for your hangover-ridden ass.
- Pedialyte –The urban legend has run wild, but there’s something to it. The sugar adds to your glucose levels and can fix you up faster.
Source: Men’s Health