There are important reasons to give this goal a try; your health, mental well being, and relationships. Did you know 41-percent of people say their significant other uses the phone too much? That could put a dent in your happiness!
Here are some steps to take so you can spend more time living and less time controlled by your device.
- Put your phone in another room. Whether you’re with someone or watching TV, the rule of thumb is “out of sight, out of mind.”
- Delete your social media apps.
- Turn off your mobile internet so you are only able to check your phone when home and on Wi-Fi.
- Set a screen curfew.
- Have a no phone at the table rule.
- Turn off your notifications. What you don’t know, you won’t be tempted to look at.