Halloween is almost here and that means it’s candy time. No matter whether you raided your kids’ trick-or-treat stash or have one of your own, the only thing better than enjoying some sweets is having the ideal wine to sip with each one. These are the perfect wines to pair with your favorite Halloween candy.
- Butterfinger + Sauvignon Blanc- The salty sweetness of the Butterfinger goes well with a wine that balances sweet with a little sour.
- Candy Corn + Chardonnay- Go for an oaky, buttery bottle to balance the extreme sweetness of the classic candy.
- Gummy Bears + Rosé- The light body and strawberry/peach flavor of the wine complements the fruity gummies.
- Kit Kat + Merlot- The chocolate in the candy bar pairs perfectly with a smooth, rich Merlot.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups + Oloroso Sherry- The toasty, nutty, caramel notes in the sherry are an ideal match for the chocolate and peanut butter perfection.
- Snickers + Syrah- This wine is nutty with notes of chocolate and a hint of spice, so it’s great to sip with a Snickers.
- Sour Patch Kids + Riesling- The sweet and sour of the candy works well with a brightly acidic and citrusy wine like Riesling.
- Starburst + Moscato- Fruity Starburst flavors will taste delicious with a sweeter Moscato that has notes of honey, apricot and/or green apple.
- Swedish Fish + Lambrusco- This red has berry-cherry notes, just like Swedish Fish.