SMASHING PUMPKINS REUNION ALL BUT CONFIRMED BY NEW PHOTO SHOOT
The Smashing Pumpkins did a new photo shoot in Los Angeles on Saturday (February 3rd), all but confirming that a new, mostly original lineup of the band is returning this year. According to Alternative Nation, participants in the photo shoot included frontman William Corgan, original guitarist James Iha, founding drummer Jimmy Chamberlin and latter-era guitarist Jeff Schroeder.
Corgan, Iha and Chamberlin make up three-quarters of the Pumpkins' charter lineup, with only bassist D'Arcy Wretzky missing. Wretzky told Blast Echo last month that she would not be part of the long-rumored reunion, writing on January 21st, "I only just found about yesterday that the band has decided to go with a different bass player.”
- It's unclear if Schroeder will be taking over on the bass for the alleged reunion or if he will stay on as third guitarist while the group recruits a new bassist.
- Although Iha played a handful of shows with the Pumpkins in 2016, this would mark the first time he's recorded and toured with the band since 2000. Chamberlin has toured with the Pumpkins for the last couple of years but last recorded with the group in 2007.
- Corgan, Iha, Chamberlin and Schroeder have all been photographed in a Los Angeles studio recently, where the Pumpkins are said to be working with producer Rick Rubin.
- Corgan even hinted at the possibility of a double album by writing that there were "26 songs currently in various states of completion, production, insanity."
Story source: Alternative Nation
PAPA ROACH UNVEILS VIDEO FOR 'BORN FOR GREATNESS'
Papa Roach has unveiled the music video for "Born For Greatness," the latest single from the band's ninth studio LP, Crooked Teeth. The clip features appearances from wheelchair motocross rider Aaron "Wheelz" Fotheringham, differently abled aerialist Jen Bricker, who was born without legs and with her heart on the other side of her chest, and break dancer with one leg Jean Sok -- three talented individuals who refuse to be limited by physical challenges.
- Papa Roach singer Jacoby Shaddix said, "This video is to showcase to the world that no matter your struggle and/or adversity, you are born for greatness."
- Shaddix recently told The Rave TV that Papa Roach will hit the studio in summer 2018 to work on its next studio effort, explaining, "In June and July, we're gonna step in the studio and continue working on the next record . . . and pick up where we left of with Crooked Teeth and just keep kicking ass and taking names."
- Before recording again, Papa Roach will head out on a spring North American tour next year with guests Nothing More and Escape The Fate. The trek kicks off on April 5th in Raleigh, North Carolina and will hit 25 cities before wrapping up in Corpus Christi, Texas on May 13th.
Story source: Blabbermouth
- Aaron "Wheelz" Fotheringham was born with spina bifida, a birth defect of the spinal cord. Fotheringham is now a professional wheelchair motocross athlete. He completed the first ever wheelchair front flip while touring with Nitro Circus.
- Jen Bricker has toured the world and performed with global superstars, including Britney Spears.
- Jean Sok incorporates his crutches into his break dancing moves. He gained international acclaim as a performer for Cirque Du Soliel's "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour" and "Michael Jackson One."