FANS DEMAND REFUNDS AFTER MARILYN MANSON MELTS DOWN AT SHOW
Marilyn Manson had an onstage meltdown on Thursday night (February 15th) during a show at the Paramount in Huntington, New York, leading many fans to lash out at the singer on social media and demand a refund. Manson came out on stage and performed incoherently with his back to the crowd for most of the abbreviated set. He seemed to confuse his own band by his actions as well as several songs were started and stopped.
- Fans took to social media to accuse the singer of being high on drugs or alcohol and demand their money back. One fan wrote, "Tried seeing Marilyn Manson tonight. We have seen him on 4 other occasions and always entertained. This time due to being so drugged, drunk, or sick unfortunately this concert was a complete failure. I know what you’re going to say but it is sad to see a complete spiral downward of a human due to drugs."
- Another fan wrote, "After u wake up from ur drug induced coma, u better issue ur fans one hell off an apology and schedule a make up concert for Sat or Sun at the Paramount! Or I can guarantee, you’ve lost a s**t ton of fans!! Sry, but the truth hurts! U really f**ked up this time.”
- A third concertgoer commented, "Marilyn Manson put on the WORST show I have ever seen. Played 5 songs, bitched about people not saying “I Love You” and walked off #MarilynManson #worstconcert #refund"
- One attendee told Newsday, "He was too messed up and couldn't perform. It was disappointing."
- The concert was a make-up date for a show that was originally supposed to happen last October but which ended up getting postponed after Manson broke his right leg in two places at a show in Manhattan.
- Manson reportedly played an "amazing" show on Friday night (February 16th) in Sayreville, New Jersey, one day after the Huntington debacle.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch footage of Manson's meltdown (warning - explicit language):
MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN HAS 'WORDS AND MELODIES' DONE FOR NEW TOOL LP
Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan has revealed that he has finished writing the "words and melodies" to all but one new song for the band's next LP. Keenan tweeted on Friday (February 16th), "Started getting music files from the boys w the word FINAL in the title a few months ago after 11 years of begging. That in theory means the tracks wont change out from under me while I'm trying to write stories and melodies to them. In theory. Still waiting for the FINAL on 1."
Keenan added, "Words & Melodies 100% DONE on all but 1. Someday we'll track them. Long way from the finish line, but at least we're closer." Guitarist Adam Jones later wrote on Instagram that recording will begin in March.
- Keenan has said very little about the new Tool album in recent years, with this message being perhaps his most specific in a long time. He also sings on the new album from A Perfect Circle, which arrives in April.
- Tool hasn't released any new music since the 10,000 Days LP, which came out in May 2006.
- The instrumental members of the band have been working steadily on music for the past year, with drummer Danny Carey recently saying that the disc could be released sometime this year -- although the band has not started recording yet.
- Tool's only currently scheduled appearance of 2018 is a May 18th headlining performance at Somerset, Wisconsin's Northern Invasion festival.
Story source: Blabbermouth
CHECK IT OUT: Read Maynard's tweets:
Started getting music files from the boys w the word FINAL in the title a few months ago after 11 years of begging. That in theory means the tracks wont change out from under me while I’m trying to write stories and melodies to them. In theory. Still waiting for the FINAL on 1,— Maynard J Keenan (@mjkeenan) February 17, 2018
THREE DAYS GRACE SHARES NEW SONG 'I AM AN OUTSIDER'
Three Days Grace has shared "I Am An Outsider," the title cut from its new album Outsider.
- Bassist Brad Walst said, "To me, 'Outsider' represents the journey to find your place. The world feels crazy at times. We try to get away from that every once in a while. We do our own thing, and we're comfortable doing it."
- The song "I Am An Outsider" follows up "The Mountain," the first official single from the new disc.
- Other tracks on the 12-song set, which is out March 9th, include "Right Left Wrong," "Infra-Red," "Nothing To Lose But You," "Me Against You," "Strange Days," "The New Real" and more.
- Outsider is the second Three Days Grace effort to feature Brad's brother Matt Walst on lead vocals, following the departure of original frontman Adam Gontier in late 2012.
- Matt's debut with the group, Human, debuted at Number 16 on the Billboard 200 album chart and yielded two chart-topping singles in "Painkiller" and "I Am Machine."
Story source: press release
CHECK IT OUT: Listen to "I Am An Outsider":