STONE TEMPLE PILOTS SHARE NEW SONG 'THE ART OF LETTING GO'
Stone Temple Pilots have released "The Art Of Letting Go," the third track the band has shared from its upcoming self-titled seventh studio LP. The song follows "Meadow" and "Roll Me Under" and showcases a softer side of the band and new singer Jeff Gutt.
- The new STP album is Gutt's recording debut with the group and arrives on March 18th.
- Gutt, a one-time The X Factor contestant, made his live debut with the band last November in Los Angeles.
- STP had been without a vocalist since November 2015, when Chester Bennington -- who joined the group in early 2013 -- departed to spend more time with his main band Linkin Park. Bennington committed suicide last July.
- Original singer Scott Weiland, who reunited with the group in 2010 after an eight-year hiatus but was dismissed in 2013, died in December 2015 of a drug overdose.
- STP will begin its first tour with Gutt on the mic on March 2nd in Santa Clarita, California.
Story source: Blabbermouth
CHECK IT OUT: Listen to "The Art Of Letting Go":
HALESTORM AND IN THIS MOMENT LEAD ALL FEMALE-FRONTED TOUR
Halestorm has announced details of a milestone North American tour showcasing all female-fronted hard rock outfits. The trek, co-headlined by In This Moment, begins on April 30th in Houston and will continue through mid-May, ending on the 15th in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Support throughout the jaunt comes from special guests New Years Day and Stitched Up Heart.
- The tour will include stops at a number of upcoming festivals, including Jacksonville, Florida's Welcome To Rockville, Fort Lauderdale, Florida's Fort Rock and Charlotte, North Carolina's Carolina Rebellion.
- Halestorm's Lzzy Hale said, "We are a few of the hardest-working women in rock, so the fact that we are all on the same stage every night is something not to be missed! We support and love each other, and we are representing our genre. This lineup is a beautiful display of what it means to be a strong female example for rock fans everywhere."
- In This Moment's Maria Brink added, "I am very excited about being a part of such an empowering, divine, female-fronted tour. It is very rare in rock music to have a movement like this and the timing couldn't be more perfect."
- Halestorm is preparing to release its fourth studio effort this spring, while In This Moment continues to promote its sixth set, 2017's Ritual.
- Newly confirmed Halestorm and In This Moment tour dates (subject to change):
April 30 - Houston, TX - The Lawn at White Oak Music Hall
May 1 - Corpus Christi, TX - Concrete Street Amphitheater
Story source: press release