OZZY OSBOURNE AND FAMILY TO LAUNCH NEW PODCAST
Ozzy Osbourne and his family are launching a new 10-week podcast on which they will discuss the making of The Osbournes, the groundbreaking reality show that ran on MTV from 2002 to 2005 and followed the Osbourne clan's daily lives. The podcast will launch on March 5th and feature Ozzy, along with his wife Sharon, children Jack and Kelly, and special guests such as comedian Sheryl Underwood, singer Carnie Wilson and The Osbournes executive producer Greg Johnston.
Jack told the Hollywood Reporter about how the podcast idea came about, saying, "There's been talk about bringing The Osbournes back, but it would never work. I thought, 'Well, this is probably the next best thing.'"
- The Osbournes became the highest rated original program in MTV's history, chronicling events such as Sharon's battle with cancer, as well as Kelly and Jack's stints in rehab for drug and alcohol abuse.
- The podcast will premiere on the 16th anniversary of the show's MTV debut. New episodes will become available every Monday.
- In the premiere episode, the Osbournes will reflect on how the show ended up changing their lives forever, while Sharon will explain her theories about the show's success and Jack and Kelly will discuss how overnight stardom may have played a role in their substance abuse.
Story source: Blabbermouth
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Osbournes was credited with being the first show where cameras followed celebrities around and led to a number of copycats like A&E's Gene Simmons Family Jewels, which followed the life of Kiss bassist Gene Simmons and his family, and A&E's Growing Up Twisted, about the family of Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider.
- Although the series often showed Ozzy running on a treadmill or doing other kinds of exercise, he revealed to the Daily Record in 2009 that it was all a charade: as soon as the cameras stopped rolling, the recovering alcoholic would go to a private room and get stoned.
COREY TAYLOR, DAVE NAVARRO, OTHERS TAPPED FOR MENTAL HEALTH BENEFIT
Stone Sour frontman Corey Taylor, Jane's Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro and Courtney Love are among the artists who will perform at a special one-off concert in Los Angeles for mental health awareness. Dubbed the "Above Ground" show, it will take place at the Belasco Theatre on April 16th.
The musicians will perform the Velvet Underground’s The Velvet Underground & Nico and Adam and the Ants’ Kings of the Wild Frontier albums in full. Artists participating in addition to the ones listed above include Billy Idol, his guitarist Billy Morrison, Eagles of Death Metal’s Jesse Hughes and others.
- Morrison said, "After losing too many friends to suicide and depression, and having suffered personally with a wide range of mental health issues, we want to raise awareness and funds for the treatment of mental health. Spread the word that it's okay to ask for help."
- Tickets will go on sale to the public on Saturday (February 24th) at 10:00 a.m. PT.
Story source: Loudwire
CHECK IT OUT: Get ticket info here and watch a video message about the show below:
FOO FIGHTERS' DAVE GROHL PLAYING SHOW WITH $150K TOP TICKET PACKAGE
Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl will perform a special acoustic set at a benefit supporting the Children’s Hospital of Oakland on May 12th at that city's Fox Theater. The event, dubbed Notes & Words, will feature a top ticket package costing $150,000, which will include 24 tickets as well as sponsorship incentives.
Other packages will range in price from $100,000 for a set of 20 tickets to $1,000 for a single VIP ticket. General admission seats will also go on sale starting March 6th.
- Proceeds from the show will go to UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals in Oakland and San Francisco, which serve children throughout the Bay Area and around the globe.
- The centers depend on philanthropic support for their work since insurance covers only a fraction of their costs.
- Grohl has played solo gigs before, most recently in 2016 at the Cannes Lion International Festival Of Creativity in Cannes, France.
- Foo Fighters will next kick off a new North American run on April 18th in Austin, Texas, with dates throughout the spring, summer and fall.
Story source: Alternative Nation
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Dave Grohl perform "Best Of You" at Cannes Lion 2016: