SMASHING PUMPKINS RELEASE TOUR SETLIST
Smashing Pumpkins will kick off their Bright and Oh So Shiny reunion tour in July and the band's Billy Corgan has now shared a "proposed" list of songs including a handful of covers. Songs included are Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven," David Bowie's"Space Oddity," and Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart."
They previously announced that they would only play songs from five of their nine studio albums, ranging from their debut, Gish, through 2000's Machina/The Machines of God.
Smashing Pumpkins' have made recent mentions of the 25th anniversary of their 2nd album, Siamese Dream. Fans are hopeful that the album will be included on the tour as well. The first show is July 12 in Glendale, Arizona.
- The tour will include all the classic members except for bass player, D'Arcy Wretzky. READ MORE HERE: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/darcy-wretzky-slams-billy-corgan-smashing-pumpkins-reunion-w516700
CHECK IT OUT
The other day, I shared a set of ours from 1995. Which surprisingly engendered a lot of interest, and it got me thinking why not share our pool of PROPOSED songs (meaning the list we'll use to build The Shiny and Oh So Bright set, so these aren't in any particular order). And since we are a bit aways from going into rehearsals, and I'm sure we've missed a favorite or two, tag me @williampcorgan @jamesihaofficial @chamberdrums and @jjjschroeder as well as @smashingpumpkins or #smashingpumpkins and most importantly #SP2018 with a screen cap of what you'd like to hear. But remember, the goal is to build an epic set! So choose wisely
BREAKING BENJAMIN'S BEN BURNLEY SAYS NEW ALBUM WILL BE BOTH 'SOFT AND HEAVY'
In anticipation of their next album, Breaking Benjamin released a new song called "Blood." Ben Burnley commented about the new music and said: "People have always really liked the heavier side of the band. I think that's what they sort of gravitate towards. But we also make sure to explore our melodic and softer side too." He went on to say, "We just tried to make it more extreme. The softer side on this album is really soft, and the heavy side is really heavy. We decided to give everybody what they want to the furthest degree."
The band's 6th studio album, Ember, will be out on April 13.
- Produced by Breaking Benjamin, Ember is the follow-up to the band's 2015 release Dark Before Dawn, which debuted at #1 on Billboard 200 chart.
- The first single from Ember, "Red Cold River", was released on January 5 and the accompanying video has nearly four million views.
Ember Track Listing:
01. Lyra 02. Feed The Wolf 03. Red Cold River 04. Tourniquet 05. Psycho 06. The Dark Of You 07. Down 08. Torn In Two 09. Blood 10. Save Yourself 11. Close Your Eyes 12. Vega
CHECK IT OUT
BON JOVI MEMBERS ONLY POSITIVE ABOUT ROCK HALL REUNIONS
Bon Jovi members David Bryan and Tico Torres are not only pumped about their upcoming induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame -- but they're looking forward to playing with the band's original lineup. In a rare case of a Rock Hall ceremony avoiding any and all friction, Jon Bon Jovi let it be known immediately after the announcement that former members Richie Sambora and Alec John Such would absolutely be performing with the band. Back in 2013, Sambora went AWOL from Bon Jovi at the beginning of the band's massive world tour in support of its then-recent chart-topping What About Now album. Alec John Such was booted from the band back in 1994.
- Just released is Bon Jovi's new edition of This House Is Not For Sale, which features two new songs -- "When We Were Us" and "Walls." Each online Bon Jovi concert ticket purchased will include a CD of the original edition of This House Is Not For Sale.
- Bon Jovi tour dates (subject to change):
March 22 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
March 23 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
March 26 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center