AVENGED SEVENFOLD TAKING PROPHETS OF RAGE AND THREE DAYS GRACE OUT IN AMERICA
As one of the major summer treks unveiled this week, Avenged Sevenfold has announced the "End Of The World Tour," a North American headlining run that kicks off on July 22nd at the Xfinity Center in Mansfield, Massachusetts and also features Prophets Of Rage and Three Days Grace.
Avenged Sevenfold is touring behind its seventh studio LP, The Stage, while Prophets Of Rage is supporting its self-titled debut album. Three Days Grace will be promoting its sixth studio set, Outsider, which arrives on Friday (March 9th).
- Avenged Sevenfold singer M. Shadows said in a statement, "We're proud to tour with Prophets Of Rage and Three Days Grace this summer across America. We see this tour as an opportunity to create an event with special bands and different generations of rock fans. From the moment you arrive at the venue until the last note is played, we're hoping to give you the time of your life."
- As with several other tours this summer, the "End of the World Tour" is part of Live Nation's "Ticket To Rock" promo, which offers exclusive multi-ticket bundles to some of the summer's biggest rock shows.
- Confirmed Avenged Sevenfold tour dates (subject to change):
September 1 - Dallas, TX - Starplex Pavilion
September 2 - Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
SIDE NOTES: This tour will find Avenged Sevenfold offering fans unique VIP experiences that include backstage tours, photos on the stage, new interactive experiences and added memorabilia.
CHECK IT OUT: Here's fan-filmed footage of an Avenged Sevenfold show from last year:
SHINEDOWN AND GODSMACK TO HIT THE ROAD TOGETHER
As part of Monday's (March 5th) rollout of several tours all participating in the "Ticket To Rock" program, Shinedown and Godsmack have announced a co-headlining tour that will kick off on July 22nd in Detroit and finish up on September 2nd in Wantagh, New York. The "Ticket To Rock" program lets attendees purchase tickets for multiple shows by different bands in one city for one price. Bundles begin at $59 for three concerts and $69 for four concerts for lawn or reserved upper pavilion seating. Those prices jump $20 for reserved ticket bundles.
- Other acts participating in "Ticket To Rock" include Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch and Breaking Benjamin, all of whom are teaming up for tours this summer as well.
- Shinedown has completed recording its new LP for a tentative late spring/early summer release. It follows up 2015's Threat To Survival, which contained the Number One rock hits "Cut The Cord" and "State Of My Head."
- Godsmack has set When Legends Rise as the title of its seventh studio effort and first album in four years, due out April 27th. The band has also shared the first single from the LP, called "Bulletproof."
- Newly announced Shinedown/Godsmack tour dates (subject to change):
August 11 - Houston, TX - The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion presented by Huntsman
August 12 - Dallas, TX - Starplex Pavilion
ROB ZOMBIE AND MARILYN MANSON TO CO-HEADLINE 'TWINS OF EVIL' TOUR
Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson will co-headline the "Twins Of Evil: The Second Coming Tour" this summer, a reference to their first joint road trip together in 2012. The two artists will play close to 30 shows together this time, starting July 11th in Detroit and wrapping up on August 29th in Irvine, California. Pre-sales for the trek begin on March 19th, with tickets going on sale to the general public on March 24th.
The previous "Twins of Evil" tour six years ago led to tension between the two performers, and during a show in Michigan, Zombie cursed Manson out on stage, accusing him of going over his allotted set time. According to Zombie, the two men almost came to blows, although Zombie later said that the whole incident was "stupid" and that he would consider touring with Manson again.
- Zombie plans to release a solo career-spanning vinyl box set -- including a new live album -- on March 30th and is also working on a new studio LP fo release this year.
- Manson, meanwhile, issued his 10th studio effort, Heaven Upside Down, in 2017 and has been touring behind it.
- Confirmed Rob Zombie/Marilyn Manson tour dates (subject to change):
August 16 - Dallas, TX - Starplex Pavilion
August 17 - Austin, TX - Austin 360
August 18 - Woodlands, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion