TOOL IS OFFICIALLY IN THE STUDIO
Tool has officially entered the studio to begin recording its long-awaited next album, according to an Instagram post from guitarist Adam Jones. Posting a repeating video clip of an amplifier with guitars in front of it, Jones captioned the image with the words "Day 1" alongside an emoji of a CD.
Jones stated in January that the music for the band's first new effort in more than 12 years was finished, later writing that the recording sessions would begin in March. Meanwhile, frontman Maynard James Keenan revealed last month that he had finished writing the "words and melodies" to all but one new song for the new disc.
- Still to be determined are a title and release date for the new disc, although drummer Danny Carey said in several interviews that it would be out sometime this year.
- The band's last effort, 10,000 Days, arrived in 2006. Work on the new record did not get underway in earnest until perhaps the last year or so.
- Keenan also sings on the new album from A Perfect Circle, which arrives in April.
Story source: Loudwire
CHECK IT OUT: Here's the Instagram post from Adam Jones:
FIRST DATES OF FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH/BREAKING BENJAMIN TOUR CONFIRMED
Five Finger Death Punch and Breaking Benjamin have unveiled the first round of dates for their co-headlining North American tour, which will kick off on July 21st in Salt Lake City. The run extends so far into early September, with more shows to be announced on March 13th. Tickets will go on sale March 16th.
- Five Finger Death Punch's greatest-hits collection, A Decade Of Destruction, was released last December. The set includes two new songs, "Trouble" and a cover of The Offspring's "Gone Away."
- The hits collection and an already completed new studio album are part of a deal to settle a legal dispute and close out the band's contract with Prospect Park.
- Breaking Benjamin's sixth studio album, Ember, will be released on April 13th.
- Newly announced Five Finger Death Punch/Breaking Benjamin tour dates (subject to change):
August 3 - Houston, TX - The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion presented by HuntsmanAugust 4 - Dallas, TX - Starplex PavilionStory source: press release
SIDE NOTES: This tour, along with several others announced this week, are part of Live Nation's "Ticket To Rock" initiative which allows fans to buy one ticket that gives them access to several rock tours coming through their town or city.