GODSMACK RELEASES VIDEO FOR 'BULLETPROOF'
Godsmack has released a music video for the song "Bulletproof." The satirical clip was filmed on February 7th at a studio in Los Angeles, and documents the band's quest to actually make a new video. it features cameos from country singer Billy Ray Cyrus and former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach, in addition to TV personality Chris Jacobs from Overhaulin'.
In the video, Godsmack's manager -- played by their actual manager, Paul Geary -- suggests that it's time for the band to expand its fan base by working with clueless new video directors, played by Bach and Cyrus. After being pitched a host of awful ideas, Sully Erna decides to hire his cousin, Salvatore Pasquale from Sicily, Italy. Everything goes wrong at the shoot, climaxing with the set catching fire and the video files being destroyed.
- "Bulletproof" is taken from Godsmack's seventh studio album, When Legends Rise, which arrives on April 27th.
- Godsmack frontman Sully Erna told Detroit's WRIF about the new LP, "It's a bit of a departure for us . . . But there's a little bit of everything on this record for everybody. There's certainly Godsmack songs that are gonna cater to the core audience, and there's stuff that just kind of pulled us in a little bit of a new direction."
- The new disc follows up 2014's 1000 Horsepower and is the band's first release through BMG after splitting with its longtime home, Republic/Universal.
- Godsmack will perform at several music festivals this spring and summer, including this month's Welcome To Rockville and Fort Rock, May's Carolina Rebellion and July's Rock USA. A summer tour with Shinedown begins on July 22nd in Clarkston, Michigan.
Story source: press release
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the "director's cut" video for "Bulletproof" (warning - explicit language):
TOM DeLONGE ANNOUNCES SECOND NOVEL IN 'SEKRET MACHINES' SERIES
Former Blink-182 guitarist Tom DeLonge has announced the upcoming publication of the second novel in his Sekret Machines series. Titled Sekret Machines: Book 2: A Fire Within, the book was penned by DeLonge in collaboration with author and professor A.J. Hartley. Technically fiction like the previous book in the series, Sekret Machines: Book 1: Chasing Shadows, the new entry continues DeLonge's efforts to create awareness about the alleged impact of extra-terrestrial technology on Earth.
DeLonge said in a statement, "One of the largest areas of study when dealing with the UFO phenomenon is consciousness and the human mind. A.J. was able to weave that into the storyline with a tapestry of information never before released. He's providing us with an opportunity to learn more about ourselves and the greatest story never told."
- Hartley added, "In the second installment of the series we push the story into the gray areas between the normal and the paranormal in more clearly human terms, exploring the idea that as technology might make exponential evolutionary progress, so might people themselves."
- Sekret Machines: Book 2: A Fire Within will be available on September 18th.
- Blink-182 parted ways with DeLonge three years ago after he refused to commit to touring and recording with the group so he could pursue his investigations of UFOs.
- DeLonge has published several books on the matter and has been working on videos and multi-media projects related to his interests.
- Last year he launched To The Stars Academy, described as a “consortium of scientists, aerospace engineers and creatives” dedicated to the study of extraterrestrial life and the paranormal. One of the Academy's members was cited in a New York Times article on UFOs last December.
Story source: Consequence Of Sound
CHECK IT OUT: Here's the cover of DeLonge's new book: