SHINEDOWN SHARES DOCUMENTARY ON THE MAKING OF NEW LP
Shinedown has released a video documentary on the making of its new album, Attention Attention. The follow-up to 2015’s Threat To Survival is a loose concept album charting the highs and lows of the record’s protagonist. Singer Brent Smith explained, “I had a really rough spot happen to me after we toured (2012 album) Amaryllis and I had some emotional and mental issues pop up. They kind of got the best of me again -- but we all had to build each other back up again, and this is really a journey of those four years.”
- Attention Attention features the Number Two rock single "Devil." The band also just shot a video for the song "The Human Radio."
- Shinedown kicked off a tour with Five Finger Death Punch, Starset and Bad Wolves last weekend that next stops in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Thursday (May 10th).
Story source: LouderSound
SIDE NOTES: Attention Attention was recorded at Ocean Industry Studios in Charleston, South Carolina, which is owned by the band’s bassist Eric Bass. The album will be the last thing recorded there as Bass plans to close the studio. Bass, who produced the record, said, “It’s not really a commercial studio -- I never built it to be that. It was meant to be a living room to make records in.”
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the documentary on the making of the record:
JERRY CANTRELL: NEW ALICE IN CHAINS SONG INSPIRED BY DAVID BOWIE
Alice In Chains guitarist/singer Jerry Cantrell said in an interview with SiriusXM that the band's new single, "The One You Know," was inspired by legendary late rock artist David Bowie. Cantrell explained, "It's really aggressive. It's got a super-aggro riff. I was thinking kind of Bowie when I was writing it, a little bit, so it's got kind of a metal 'Fame' shuffle to it, kind of almost. It's a good aggro riff and it's got the classic Alice In Chains chorus, with a weird kind of trippy middle part."
- "The One You Know" is taken from Alice In Chains' upcoming sixth full-length studio LP, which is due out later this year. The title has not yet been revealed.
- Cantrell added about the new disc, "I wouldn't say that the rest of the record sounds like ('The One You Know'), but that's a good indicator of what the rest of the record kind of feels like. There's a lot of edgy stuff there, a lot of rocking stuff, a lot of weird stuff, and some pretty stuff in there too."
- The new LP follows up 2013's The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here. Regarding the five-year gap between records, Cantrell remarked, "We've been really fortunate in most of our career to be able to make music when we feel like it rather than having to be on somebody else's schedule, which is really nice. So we take advantage of that."
- Alice In Chains is currently on a short spring tour that finishes up on May 19th in Philadelphia. After hitting Europe and Israel, the band will start a second leg on August 22nd in Vancouver.
Story source: Blabbermouth
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the video for "The One You Know":