GRETA VAN FLEET SAYS DEBUT ALBUM ON TRACK FOR LATE SUMMER
Greta Van Fleet is reassuring fans that the group's first full-length album will be out this year, with a late summer release in the works. Guitarist Jake Kiszka told Loudwire, "We’re in the mixing process, so it’s going to be quite soon. We’re wrapping it up, so we’re hoping to release that absolutely this year."
Bassist Sam Kiszka added, "We had all these songs we wrote three to five years ago that we were just going to put on the album. It very quickly became all new material, so I’d say about three-quarters of the songs are songs we wrote in the studio. It just happened very quickly, we got everything done in two weeks."
- Greta Van Fleet played in Michigan clubs for six years before rocketing to the top of the rock radio charts last year with "Highway Tune." The track is taken from the Black Smoke Rising EP. Their latest single is the title track.
- The band will wrap up a spring headlining tour this week with a three-night stand in Detroit on Tuesday (May 22nd), Wednesday (May 23rd) and Friday (May 25th).
Story source: Loudwire
- Greta Van Fleet was formed in Frankenmuth, Michigan in 2012.
- The band consists of 21-year old vocalist Josh Kiszka, his 21-year-old brother Jake on guitar and 18-year-old sibling Sam on bass, along with longtime family friend Danny Wagner -- also 18 -- on drums.
- The band is named after Frankenmuth resident Gretna Van Fleet, who gave them her blessing.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Greta Van Fleet perform "Black Smoke Rising" at this past April's Coachella Festival:
GODSMACK MEMBERS' SIDE PROJECT READYING SECOND LP
The Apocalypse Blues Revue, a band featuring Godsmack guitarist Tony Rombola and drummer Shannon Larkin, will release its new album The Shape Of Blues To Come on July 20th. Larkin said about the LP, which follows up 2016's self-titled debut, "We're very excited about this second record. I've never seen four wills join so strongly with one intent as I have in this band. That's something special."
- The other members of the group are frontman Ray "Rafer John" Cerbone and bassist Brian Carpenter.
- Larkin first heard Rombola play the blues in 2010, saying a while back, "I couldn't believe it. I didn't even know he was into blues or could play the way he does. My reaction was immediate. We had to officially start a blues band.”
- Godsmack singer Sully Erna has also worked on side projects, releasing two solo albums in 2010 and 2016.
- The new Godsmack album, When Legends Rise, arrived on April 27th and entered at Number Eight on the Billboard 200 album chart. This marked Godsmack's seventh Top 10 debut on the Billboard survey.
- Godsmack is performing at several music festivals this spring and summer, before launching a tour with Shinedown on July 22nd in Clarkston, Michigan.
Story source: Blabbermouth
DID YOU KNOW? All the lyrics on the new Apocalypse Blues Revue album were penned by Shannon Larkin.
CHECK IT OUT: Here's the lyric video for the new Apocalypse Blues Revue track "Hell To Pay":