SMASHING PUMPKINS RELEASE FIRST NEW SONG WITH JAMES IHA IN 18 YEARS
Smashing Pumpkins have released a new song called "Solara," which marks the band's first recording to feature frontman William Corgan, guitarist James Iha and drummer Jimmy Chamberlin playing together in 18 years. The track, which was produced by Rick Rubin, also features longtime guitarist Jeff Schroeder. Corgan, Iha and Chamberlin last played together on the album Machina II/The Friends And Enemies Of Modern Music in 2000, while the last release to feature Chamberlin was 2007's Zeitgeist.
- The Pumpkins will perform "Solara" on Monday night's (June 11th) edition of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
- The song is said to be one of at least eight that the semi-reunited Pumpkins have been recording and intend to release, although when the others arrive remains to be determined.
- Original Pumpkins bassist D'Arcy Wretzky is is not taking part in the band's reunion after recently claiming that Corgan offered to have her come out and do only sporadic appearances on the upcoming reunion tour.
- Corgan told the New York Times that he was "horrified" that Wretzky had made their private correspondence public, saying that the bridge between him and Wretzky was now burned "forever."
- The "Shiny And Oh So Bright" tour, which will reportedly focus on the band's first five albums, kicks off on July 12th in Glendale, Arizona.
Story source: press release
CHECK IT OUT: Listen to "Solara":
BEARTOOTH REVAMPS LINEUP WITH NEW GUITARIST AND DRUMMER
Beartooth has officially added two new members to its lineup, with ex-Like Moths To Flames guitarist Zach Huston joining the group and touring drummer Connor Denis earning a promotion to full-time member. Huston serves as the replacement for former member Taylor Lumley, who left the band earlier this year. Frontman Caleb Shomo confirmed the news in a tweet, saying, "Full official members. This is the lineup. Ride the lightning."
- The band also shared a picture on Instagram of itself in the studio working on its third full-length album.
- The new LP will serve as the follow-up to 2016's Aggressive, which featured the breakthrough singles "Hated" and "Sick Of Me."
- Beartooth will play a handful of dates next month on the final edition of the Warped Tour, with the band joining the long-running tour's lineup on July 19th in Cincinnati, July 20th in Detroit and July 21st in Chicago.
Story source: Loudwire
CHECK IT OUT: Caleb Shomo tweets the news on the lineup: