Scratching a nagging itch can be one of life’s great pleasures. However, when that itch rests smack dab in the middle of your ass crack it’s a game of a different source. There a few different reasons why you’re tingling back there. Since putting on a rubber glove and scratching away isn’t the protocol most of us would choose, here are some solutions to what might be irritating your crack.
- Not Wiping Enough –If you’re concerned that you’re not getting all the goods, grab a quick shower and use some soap for goodness sake.
- Wiping Too Much –That’s tender skin back there. You might consider the lighter touch of moist wipes or a bidet if you’re too enthusiastic with the paper.
- STD –If you’re engaged in condom-free butt love, and you contracted an STD like herpes, gonorrhea, or chlamydia it could be the cause. Get to a doc, pronto.
- Eczema –Your doctor can prescribe a topical steroid cream, provided you aren’t too embarrassed to ask about it.
- Fungal Infection –Fungus can thrive in warm, steamy, and – dare we say – swampy – areas. Your doc can treat this similarly to eczema.
- Laundry Detergent –Try fragrance or dye-free formulas and see if that’s the culprit.
- No-Breathe Clothing –If sweat can’t get out, it’ll stay and linger.
- Hemorrhoids –The older you get, the more susceptible you are. Boost your fiber intake, try a warm bath for 15 minutes three times a day, and see a doc if it persists.
And that ends yet another uncomfortable discussion that you might not have had otherwise. You’re welcome.